Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Visit With Father

I am struggling with the SYSTEM this week.  It is an internal struggle, not a struggle with phone calls and emails, but a struggle none the less. 
Louie and My Man 

Louie's father was released from jail a few weeks ago.  Now he is accompanying Louie's mom on the weekly supervised visits.  Louie's father is a player.  He has no parenting skills and when he is around Louie's mom's parenting skills are restrained.(This info is from my Worker)  She is just not her self. 

 Oh and by the way, Louie's dad wants Louie to go and live with his mom.  He just has to prove his paternity first.....seriously...this child is named after you and your name is not on his birth certificate???  That just tells me you didn't even bother showing up when he was born.  No wonder he has mentioned you exactly once since he came to stay with us.  And that was just to tell me that when daddy pierced his  ear it hurt. 

Well, you might be wondering if all of this is having any effect on my darling 2 year old.  I can only say...Y..E..S!!! 

So now, we have gone back to the behaviors that we saw 5 months ago.  He is angry.  He is defiant.  He is sad. 

The system is not working for him.  In fact, I have yet to have a foster placement that the system really did have their best interest's at heart.

H E A R T    B R E A K I N G

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to watch kids go through the system when so many of the people who are supposed to be looking out for them fail them. I also have yet to see a case where the system truly serves the child's best interest. But that's why you're there, because you can be the consistency and the hope. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete