Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Endless Chatter


"Louie" our 2 year old foster son talks, ALOT! Around here, we are just not use to endless chatter. Our birth children have always been pretty quite. I suppose we are just a quiet family.




Once my mother in law asked me if I allowed them to speak in the car. She had just taken them somewhere and the silence was so shocking that she could hardly believe it. Yes, my children are allowed speak in the car. They just prefer to look out the window and think quiet thoughts. There is nothing wrong with that!




Louie is not quiet. He talks and he talks and he talks. I have to ask him to be quiet pretty often. He has a precious little voice, but really....I need quiet to think. I am mothering four children, I need to think!




We were in the car today running the girls to piano lessons, when I had a thought about all of Louie's talk.




This thing about my sweet little boy that drives me bonkers is the the thing that his mom probably misses the most.






I guess I can listen to the endless chatter. Although I still need a few quiet minutes to think, I am going to think about chatter in a new way from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment