Monday, March 8, 2010

I Cry Every Single Time...

Tonight my family and I were sitting around watching a concert on CET. My parents introduced my girls to Celtic Women a few weeks ago, and they really enjoy their music. We watched them sing several beautiful songs, then they sang You'll Be in My Heart by Phil Collins.



Guess who is now watching with huge tears streaming down their face? That would be me. I cry every single time I hear that song.



The girls and I watched the Disney movie Tarzan a few years ago. BAD IDEA. I was nearly hysterical by the time the music was over. My children thought I had lost my mind.



There is something about the lyrics of this song that grab my heart strings when I hear it and PULL until I am crying buckets.



I remember hearing this song for the very fist time. It was August of 2000 and I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. I remember crying hysterically then too. I was driving at the time, so I made myself PULL IT TOGETHER and for safety's sake I did. But, something happened that day that changed me, and marked that song for me in a way that brings me to tears every single time I hear it.



It is all about being a mother. It starts by the humbling idea that God has allowed me to carry part of His Creation. I have been blessed to give birth to two amazing daughters, I have had two babies whisked away directly to heaven to wait for me there. This life giving experience has changed my life forever.



'Cause You'll be in my heart

You'll be in my heart

From this day on, now and forever more





Truer word have not been spoken of a mother's heart.










I must add, I heard this song twice today. The first time I did not cry. This may be the one and only time EVER! I was sitting in the salon having my hair cut. I thought it would be a very bad idea to sob hysterically when someone was using a VERY sharp pointy object so close to my head.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading and commenting on our blog! I'll look forward to reading yours as well - I love reading other foster blogs. Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete